Protect the reputation of your food business
It’s often said that it can take years to build up a good reputation in business and only moments to get a bad one.
For a business involved in the preparation and serving of food, the recipe for success needs to be just right to win those valued regular customers. Unfortunately those same customers can be easily lost if poor hygiene becomes associated with the business.
How we can help your Food Business
- Fully qualified BPCA Registered Pest Controllers - To ensure all work is carried out to a highest standard
- Discreet service visits timed when you want them to avoid disruption to your food service
- Demonstrate ‘due diligence’ under the Food safety act 1990 with our comprehensive reporting
- Free call out service for pest problems encountered between our scheduled inspections
What our pest service contracts cover
In order to assess your needs, Countrywide offers a free site survey to establish the types of measures we will establish to ensure we keep your business running smoothly and pest free.
The key to a great pest control service is one that meets (or exceeds) your needs that also represents value for money.
Service contracts will typically cover you against named pests that could pose a risk to your business. At the very least, a pest control service contract will offer you 365 days a year protection against ‘public health pests’ – namely rats, mice and cockroaches.
To support this pest cover the following minimum standards would apply.
- Integrated Pest Management reporting (see more below)
- Eight routine pest inspections by a qualified BPCA registered technician.
- Free call out service
- Monitoring and treatment against public health pests (rats, mice and cockroaches) Hygiene recommendations (in line with Food Hygiene Guidelines)
- Documented treatment reports
Maximise your Food Hygiene rating
Whilst food hygiene is so important to the success of a business, it can often be overlooked. As a result, and in the interest of public health, the Food Standards Agency adopted a scheme called “scores on the doors”. The scheme was designed to increase consumer awareness about the level of hygiene at any given premises. Through Environmental Health Officer (EHO) audits a business is assessed and scored in three different categories. Food hygiene and Safety, the structure of the premises and confidence in management.
Effective pest control is essential to comply with and gain the most points in all three categories assessed by the EHO.
- Pests need to be kept out of the premises to prevent them from spreading harmful bacteria. (STRUCTURE)
- It is important for all businesses to take reasonable steps to prevent pests from contaminating food. (FOOD HYGIENE)
- Documented systems are in place to monitor critical control points (CCP’s) and are well run. (FOOD HYGIENE and CONFIDENCE in MANAGEMENT)
When it comes to pest control and your food business, Countrywide offers professional pest control solutions that help you get the most out of your food hygiene ratings.
So what is Integrated pest management
Countrywide operates proven “principles of pest management” to achieve a successful long-term outcome in dealing with a pest infestation. These principles address pest problems from their “root cause”. We look to identify where pests are originating from, how to reduce their breeding capabilities and also to implement ‘control’ measures to get rid of an infestation.
By applying these pest management techniques we help prevent further cases of infestation.
These principles are EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION, DESTRUCTION and ongoing MONITORING. Also referred to as the acronym “ERDM”.
Simply put they can be categorised as follows:
Exclusion – Keeping pests out in the first place
Restriction – Reducing their food sources and breeding capability.
Destruction – Pest control intervention methods, using chemicals and physical controls as and when required.
Monitoring – Ongoing monitoring the effectiveness of the management of pests at all locations
Integrated pest management (IPM) is a very effective form of pest control because by addressing the root causes of infestations and focusing on the exclusion and restriction phases, less chemicals are used.
So why choose us?
Countrywide have many years experience in providing pest control for food businesses like yours.
Naturally we hope you choose us for your pest prevention service.
Countrywide are a privately owned, independent Regional Pest Control business based in Newbury and covering London and the South East.
We invest in our staff’s continual professional development (CPD) through our membership of BPCA Registered – a career pathway for our service technicians.
We pride ourselves on reliability, accountability and thoroughness. Without which we wouldn’t have achieved full approval to the Trading Standards “Buy with Confidence Scheme” and our full membership the British Pest Control Association. We also continue to take an active part in the development of our industry as part of the Executive Board of the BPCA.
Countrywide were the first Pest Control company in the South of England to be awarded the Pest Management British Standard BS EN16636