Remove the contamination pests leave behind
Countrywide provides a specialist clean up service that is prompt, safe and discreet.
Pests leave traces of there presence behind even when the pest problem is solved. In heavy infestations, loft spaces can become heavily contaminated with rat droppings and urine. Not to mention also that rats chew and cause damage to pretty much anything that can be in the roof space.
Our clean up operations range from carrying out biocide treatments to full loft clearances.
Our pest control operators apply a disinfectant biocide designed specifically against rodent borne diseases.
Through application via cold fogging machines or direct application as a course spray we apply to areas where it would be possible to come into contact with rodent droppings, urine, nesting materials, carcasses.
We can also apply to areas of where those who might work in areas where rodents have been active.
- Evidence of Hantavirus infection has been found in UK commensal rodents
- Hantavirus can lead to haemorrhagic fever in humans and is believed to be contracted by contact with or inhalation of dust from rodent droppings or urine
- Leptospira spp, which cause Leptospirosis (a.k.a. Weil’s disease) are carried by 14% of rats and 80% of mice
- Salmonella spp can survive in rat faeces for up to 86 days
- E. coli has been recovered from rodent faeces for over 36 weeks
Loft clearance works
Following the application of specialist disinfectant (as above) to remove the immediate threat of coming into contact with disease organisms, contaminated materials can be removed.
Depending on the level of previous rodent activity, we can carry out a full loft clearance.
All rodent presence can be removed together with all loft insulation. Finally we carry out a thorough vacuum of the loft and ‘reapply’ another disinfection treatment.
So how did the pests get in in the first place? Rats often get to the roofspace via open wall cavities and there could be other entry points in the loft. Following a loft clearance additional access points can be found. Our technicians are trained to find entry points and we can offer solutions to seal them up to help prevent future infestations.
- Fully trained and Insured
- Disease threat neutralised.
- Contaminated material removed
- Full loft clearance
- Proofing of ingress points
- New loft insulation service
Please provide your details below and we will complete your survey at a time convenient to you